Thursday

Korean Kickback with David

Here's an (unrealistic) idea of what I want to experience before I die



David is my friend and Korean cooking instructor. His guidance is my first stepping stone to achieveing my (unrealistic) dream.

Anyways, David's not only savvy with the kitchen but is also fluent in conversational Korean and Japanese. David graduated last spring and is now setting forth on a new journey in Korea working on an English teaching career, I am very excited to see what pictures and stories he will be sharing with us in the future!

Here he is (forcing a very cheery smile) with his nicely prepared spread of popular and basic dishes.



Here are some of the goods: pickled yellow daikon, ground beef and beef slices, compressed tofu, and seaweed wrap.

Kimbap with Bulgogi

Chap Che 잡채
Bibimbap 비빔밥 before...

BAM! Bibimbap after a good tossing

Dduk Bokki 떡볶이

This dinner was definitely a nice casual sit-down with mounds of comfort food to warm our hearts.

Here's one of my favorite Korean Food Blogs that mixes first-hand experience and humorous commentary-http://www.zenkimchi.com/FoodJournal/

And here's a movie that keeps me pumping! Le Grande Chef!

- Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment