Friday

My First Balut

This weekend I finally got to try Balut- a popular and common Phillipino and SouthEast Asian treat.

Amy plopped the balut on a silver egg cup for me at breakfast- my first thought was that this was an interesting piece of 'ugly beautiful' haha.









I honestly couldn't stop cringing inside but it smelled really good, like warm chicken broth. After a couple chews, I started to like it more and more, but my eyes couldn't stop staring at it's veiny shell so I couldn't get myself up for seconds. I would definitely not mind having it again sometime, thanks Amy!

-Angela

3 comments:

  1. wow angela, can't believe you ate balut...even the see-shiu (embryo) part! so proud of you! you're wayy less wimpy than in high school. come over to my or chibiro's house and we'll make you more pilipino food :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad's commentary....HAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete