Wednesday

Cherry Blossoms (벚꽃) and Shaved Ice (팥빙수)

Recently spring has been slowly unveiling itself in Korea. One of the most celebrated flowers in this season are cherry blossoms (벚꽃). 




 I visited Keimyung University in Daegu, which is regarded as one of the most beautiful campuses in Korea and is commonly used as a background stage for many movies and dramas, including Boys Over Flowers.

Part of the campus uses traditional korean infrastructures like this one.



The weather was very bright and sunny making it easy to see all the flowers in full bloom. It's a very romantic and tranquil area; I really wish there are more places like this in Korea.

After a few hours of touring the campus my friend and I stopped at a nearby coffee shop called Coffee & Smile.






 We ordered Shaved Ice (팥빙수)!


I have one major pet peeve when it comes to shaved ice; I get absolutely irked when someone mixes all the toppings atop the shaved ice into a frothy soggy slush - 


Which is exactly what my friend did, as most Koreans would do. But, I still thoroughly enjoyed my cool dessert amidst the warm spring vibes in the quaint cafe. 

Thank you, Korea.

- Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment