Saturday

Pizza, Pasta, and Pastries

My friends invited me out to their neighborhood around Beomo Station to show me their current favorite eats. There's A LOT of good restaurants in this area so they asked me what I had a hankering for the most. I hadn't had pasta in a long time and I admit I think restaurant pasta in Korea is better than pasta in the US. The prices are fairer and the quality is overall very good even in very small commercial restaurants. Here's an example:

Smoked Salmon Salad with Capers


This was damn delicious. It had little clouds of whipped sour cream on the plate for dressing. I could have eaten spoonfuls of this.

Seafood Cream Sauce Pasta


This was amazing! The cream sauce was buttery and so aromatic with the right touch of Italian herbs, and the pasta was al dente.

Plain Cheese Pizza


The cheese was still piping hot and stretched from plate to plate.

After a great dinner (the bill was under USD $30/ KRW 30,000!), my friend took us around the corner to a quaint little coffee shop. Strawberries are in season so they are everywhere in Korea, especially as cakes.

Strawberry and Fresh Cream Cake



I can't emphasize enough what a pure delight this was! I felt like I was eating burstingly sweet strawberries and clouds.

Honey Buttered Toast Topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Fruit



This was the best sweet toast I ever had in Korea, and I think cutting off the crust and having every piece of toast absorbing an equal and hearty amount of honey and butter played an important role.

Thank you, Korea.

- Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment